Dentafix Temporary CAP Repair
Instructions for use
1) Remove as much as possible of the old, loose cement from inside the bridge or crown. Do not use under force that may damage the crown. Clean the inside of the crown with warm water and soap or detergent and rinse it under running water.
2) Remove excess water with a cotton wool bud or tissue.
3) Clean the area in the mouth (tooth stump) where the crown is to be replaced. Rinse the mouth with water (do not dry the stump).
4) Apply a small amount of the cement around the inner edge of the crown or cap. Do not fill the crown. For bridges, apply a small amount of the cement around the inner edge of each crown of the bridge.
5) Press the crown in place for 3 minutes. For bridges fit the bridge back in your mouth and firmly press down with your thumb and fingers. Then carefully bite into place. You will know when the crown or bridge is correctly re-seated as you can close your teeth back together again comfortably. (If you are not satisfied with the fit, you have up to 5 minutes to remove the bridge or crown and repeat the whole process).
6) Remove any excess cement from around the base of the crown. The setting of the cement takes approximately 15-20 minutes in contact with oral moisture. Do not chew for the next 3 hours.
Please remember that the cement takes approximately 15-20 minutes to set in the presence of oral moisture – it is not glue. Always use small quantities and apply to the inner edge of the crown(s). This product is a temporary solution – please consult your dentist as soon as possible.
Store out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place (5-25 degrees Celsius). It is important that the cap is replaced tightly after each use.